(check out this awesome blog for other fun vintage posters http://ajaxallpurpose.blogspot.com/)
I've never had a cavity. NEVER. Knock on wood. My mom was super obsessed with teeth, still is. She would love it when one of us had a loose tooth...it was our worst night mare.
Well...I've become my mother. I wonder how many times I'll say this in my life. It's happened more and more recently.
Last Tuesday I took Ian to the orthodontist. I realized several things, a few are:
1. Being committed to a nine year old's dental hygiene is very time consuming.
2. I'm OK with people knowing that I don't know what I'm doing...I asked an insane amount of questions (especially when it came to the finances.)
3. I didn't take into account all of the small things that come with fully mothering someone.
4. I worry that people judge me based on my child's ability to brush their teeth.
5. I feel like I'm living someone else's life.
So, Ian has to have 2 phases of orthodontic care. What? What ever happened to just getting braces in high school. He's 9.
He's super stoked about it. His father and I are still trying to decide when we'll do it. Meaning, when we'll decide to fork over 3 grand for Ian's grill.
Here is a link to a great blog that I've recently fallen in love with (thank you Abby Jartos). This little tidbit is very encouraging. She is a mother to more that one child...and has time to make homemade toothpaste. I'm trying it, as soon as the Crest runs out.