Sunday, November 29, 2009

"Count Your Blessings"



Thanksgiving has officially come to a close, but before I declare that Christmas is in full swing I need to do the ultra predictable thing and just state what I'm thankful for. It never goes out of style does it?

- 2009 has been a big year for the Dukes family - the 2 daughters were married 6 months apart (sorry mom and dad), so our family has extended with 3 official new members.
- I've gained a best friend for life - officially. I get to hang out with a very cute man and I get to call him my husband.
- I've become a full-time step-mother to Ian. A roll that is stretching me and making me admire my mother and fall in love with my husband even more.
- We live in a very comfortable, work in progress, cute home. We have more than we need.
- My in-laws are incredible. I've been blessed and I'm so excited to grow old with them as well.
- We have jobs. They may not be our dream jobs, but we have them.
- We live in America.
- I have AMAZING friends. Several of which flew down for our wedding. Talk about a humbling day.
- I have a relationship with my grandparents. We enjoy one another and I actually get to see them for the holidays.
- My parents are in love.
- My sister and my sister in law and I are friends. We love to hang out.
- My husband is friends with my brother and brother in law. - Rich.
- We have an amazing community of friends who celebrate life together.
- God is good.

This list could go on. And on.

So, to officially declare that the Christmas season is here, watch this old favorite of mine.

-a

No comments:

Post a Comment